Every home has a different technology type which will determine whether or not a technician will need to visit you to connect your internet.
The points below should be used as a guide only, as a technician may or may not be required to attend depending on the individual household:
- If you already have an nbn™ box inside your home, it is unlikely that a technician will require to access your home.
- If you do not have an nbn™ box inside your home and your connection technology is not FTTN (Fibre to the Node), FTTB (Fibre to the Building) or FTTC (Fibre to the Curb) you will require a technician.
- If your home has already been connected and used the nbn™ previously, it is unlikely that a technician will require to access your home.
- If your technology is FTTN (Fibre to the Node) or FTTC (Fibre to the Curb) and your home has not had nbn™ connected to it previously, in most instances, a technician is not required to enter your home (although he or she will require to go to the node or the pit in the street), however, we do recommend that you are at home during that time.
- If your technology is FTTB and your unit has not had nbn™ connected to it previously, a tech will require access to the telecommunication room in your building and will visit your home.